You will write three-page reviews of a story from the book. Your grade will depend on how closely you answer these questions:-
- · Discuss why you chose the story you did, what was most compelling to you?
- · Name 2 concepts we have discussed in class that connect with the short story of your choice?
- · Discuss what glaring differences, (if any), present themselves between the way you understand life in the US and life in the countries presented? What similarities are there?
- · Are there any themes of oppression, resistance and resilience that stand out?
- · Who is telling the story? What is missing? How could they have told the story differently?
- · How did the story help you understand other people? What did you already know? Again, what ideas and concepts from class can you use to discuss what is taking place?
- · What would you like to add to the story?
- · What questions do you still have?
The concepts and the story are attached