Write a 2 page essay on Completing the wheel Assingment 8 & 9.
5. Dittmar fears talking in front of people. He says: “To deal with this challenge, I — either through a case of sheer brilliance or stupidity — placed myself in front of a group of teenagers to teach high school English” (Dittmar 86).
6. I like the statements: “We all are blacksmiths in our own lives. How well we use the hammer and the anvil will determine how well we grow as individuals” (Dittmar 85). I like these statements because they basically wrap up the whole idea of the chapter. We are the masters of our lives and everything we get comes from every decision we make.
8. Fear results in us choosing to stay within our comfort zones, refusing to pursue the opportunities that lay before us. Fear will hold us back from re-inventing ourselves and creating a better “us.”
10. We can only expand ourselves through the process of “realization of self and the joy of expressing the quintessential part of who you [we] are” (Dittmar 87), and this can be achieved only by going through fire.
11. The qualities we need to develop to keep wheels moving with evenness are “curiosity, flexibility, self-reliance, persistence, imagination, risk orientation, ability to focus, and openness to new experiences” (Dittmar 96).
12. According to Dittmar, curiosity is important because it provides the continuous thrill and excitement of discovering new things in life. It prevents life from appearing stale and boring, and keeps the freshness of discovery alive.
13. The main quality that Dittmar developed to go from being a high school dropout to receiving a college degree is curiosity. He says: “I was just so curious about things” (Dittmar 98). He never planned what to do with it nor have grand dreams on the possibilities after achieving it. He was merely curious on perhaps what this will offer him after.
14. Flexibility is important to our development because it allows us to “notice