What is identity politics? Why is this a source of conflict in the United States?.
1. What is identity politics? Why is this a source of conflict in the United States?
2. Briefly discuss the different waves of immigration in the United States. Do you believe that the United States should restrict the flow of immigration today? Why or why not?
3. Why did Thomas Jefferson fear that democracy could not tolerate the extremes of wealth and poverty? Do you agree with him?
4. What is a political culture? Do Americans really have one?
5. What is popular sovereignty and which president pressed this concept?
6. What is the difference between a republic and a direct democracy? Do you agree with the founding fathers that it is better for us to be an indirect democracy because most Americans are incapable of governing themselves?