What is DNA? How many chemical bases make up the human DNA code? What bases pair with one another?.
Answer 5 questions with 300 words.
1) What is DNA? How many chemical bases make up the human DNA code? What bases pair with one another?
2) What is a gene? How many copies of each gene does a human being possess?
3) What is an allele? What is a chromosome? How many pairs of chromosomes do most human cells possess?
4) What is the Human Genome Project (HGP)? What were two primary goals of the HGP? List some of the applications for the data obtained from the HGP. How might this information be used for later research?
5) What is a genetic variation? Explain some of the major types of genetic variations that may occur.