First, read Chapters 2, 3, and 4 in The Essential Workplace Conflict Handbook, regarding how diversity and inclusion (Chapter 2) and team building (Chapter 3) inform your understanding of the Define piece of the DMAIC process model. Chapter 4 moves into an examples-based consideration of the problem definition, from a narrative perspective. Also, be sure to read the DEFINE Supplementary Document.In your initial discussion post, address the following:
- What elements are involved in defining the problem? Why?
- Why is accurate use of Define so critical in successful resolution of organizational conflict?
- How can you be sure that your Define piece is accurate?
- What structural issues may be involved in the Define piece?
- What unintended consequences may emerge? (In Modules Seven and Eight, you will think about the C, or Control.)
- Why is it so important to understand diversity and inclusion when seeking to define the problem?
In responding to your peers, compare your responses to theirs, informed by your own organizational conflict. Offer your peers your unique insight on their topics based on your particular and unique organizational conflict.Use specific examples from your own organizational conflict or the Garden Depot case study in your initial posts and your responses to other students’ posts.
To complete this assignment, review the Discussion Rubric document.
I pick the : Final Project Case Study One