View the PBS video, “The Storm”, found in the Module 9 “Readings/Media” area and answer the questions noted below. Answers for each question are found in specific excerpts of the film. I encourage you to take notes while watching the documentary.
- During Hurricane Katrina, how many evacuation buses flooded when the levees broke?
- Who was the Director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) when Katrina hit land?
- How long did it take the Bush Administration to acknowledge the inadequacy of the federal response during the Katrina event?
- The establishment of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) grew out of what three hurricanes that hit the United States during the 1960s?
- Who pushed President Carter to enact FEMA in 1979?
- How did President Clinton change FEMA during his time in office?
- Who became the first “professional” FEMA Director?
- At the time of its inception, the Department of Homeland Security’s main priority was _________, not __________.
- The vast majority of deaths during the Katrina event were from what group?
- During Katrina, what did FEMA Director Michael Brown say was his most serious mistake?
1. During Hurricane Katrina, how many evacuation buses flooded when the levees broke?4502. Who was the Director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) whenKatrina hit land?Michael D….