Use of rating scales is helpful in the process of assessment and being professionally responsible in their use is critical. In your textbook reading there is a list of standardized rating scales for areas such as depression, anxiety, family, and eating disorders, etc. Select one scale, and research the scale. Review it and discuss the following:
- Identify the scale reviewed. Provide a brief background about the scale. Is this self-rated or provider rated?
- Do you feel it is easy or difficult to use? Why?
- How objective or subjective is this scale? What is your rationale?
- What do you think the information obtained tells you about a client?
- How useful is this information in care planning?
- What are two professional guidelines that must be followed when using assessment tools such as these rating scales?