you will need to take the information you have learned from your preliminary research on your inquiry question and organize it into a formal outline.
Ideally, your formal outline will serve as a guide when you write your draft of the research report.
Your formal outline should be 1-2 full pages in length, and it should follow the formatting
This is an inquiry question…
- Why is this issue important to you?
- What experiences led you to care about this issue?
- What makes this an issue that deserves careful attention from many people?
- Who is impacted by your topic?
- Where do you see this issue operating or existing?
- Who would be interested in learning more about this issue?
- How long has this issue been in existence?
- How is your life or the life of others impacted by this issue?
- What are the possible outcomes of this issue? That is, how will it have impact in the future?