Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required..
Locate a social studies textbook used in a classroom today. Analyze its contents in the following areas:
- Topics covered in comparison to the definition of social studies;
- Authentic activities beyond simply reading the chapters and answering the questions;
- Integration of other subject areas (art, writing, math);
- Assessments, both formal and authentic; and
- Opportunities for content reading strategies and comprehension (reciprocal teaching, vocabulary, photos with captions, headings, etc.)
Write an essay of 750-1,000-words with your findings and suggestions for making the text accessible to all learners, including English language learners, special education students, and struggling readers.
Use the GCU Library to research a minimum of 4-5 peer-reviewed articles that can be used in support of your content.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.