In ORG 5800 Managing Project Teams. Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
2. Analyze the behavioral characteristics of individual project team members.
3. Evaluate individual behavior as a component of team behavior.
4. Explore the dynamics of project teams.
5. Describe the process of leadership when leading project teams.
6. Discuss conflict management and negotiation strategies.
7. Compare the advantages and disadvantages of various organizational structures.
8. Assess strategies to manage organizational change.
Unit I Article Review
Using the Waldorf Online Library, locate and review an article that describes how an organization’s structure can shape the roles of a project manager and project team throughout the duration of a project. The article you select must be at least five pages long, and no more than five years old.
Write a summary of the article. Include the purpose for the article, how research was conducted (if any), the results, and other pertinent information. How does the article relate to what you are learning in this course? In other words, describe how the structure of the organization discussed in the article helped to shape the project manager and project team member roles throughout the duration of the project.
Discuss the meaning or implications of the article’s contents, as well as any flaws you find in the article. What could have made the article better? Was any information left out?
How could the author expand on the results? Does the article’s information relate to your professional or personal life?How?
Unit V Scholarly Activity
Previously in the course, you were asked to think of a project you have been involved with at your place of employment. Think of that same project, imagine that you have been appointed the project manager, and complete the following:
1. Create a schedule of the project tasks to be performed, and describe how the behavior of individual team members can determine the tasks they receive.
2. In addition, describe the key processes you would follow when managing the project schedule, including how much oversight each project team member may require, again based on their behavior.
3. Indicate how using the precedence diagram method can help you manage team tasks and avoid conflict within your team.
4. Also, describe the role of the critical path method regarding task assignments and the negotiation of resource allocation within the project team
ORG 5800 Managing Project Teams