Operations Improvement Plan Implementation
This assignment helps you develop the skills to master the following course competencies:
- Apply theories, models, and practices of global operations management to address business problems.
- Integrate operations management analyses into general business management planning and decision making.
- Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.
In this assignment, you will build support for your OIP by collecting and evaluating data. Then, you will update the completed portions of your OIP based on your results. Complete the following to prepare for this assignment:
- Start by researching and identifying data collection tools that would be appropriate for your OIP.
- Select one appropriate tool and use it to collect your data. It may not be possible to collect actual data for your OIP within the time constraints and scope of this course. Instead, you may need to make assumptions about the data you would expect to collect.
- Evaluate the data to draw relevant information from your results.
- Analyze how your results enhance, support, or change the portions of the OIP you have already developed, including the problem statement, flowchart, measurement strategy, and anticipated recommendations.
After completing these steps, write a paper that includes the following:
- A detailed analysis describing how the data results enhance, support, or change the following:
- The problem statement.
- The flowchart.
- The measurement strategy.
- Your anticipated recommendations.
- A brief evaluation of the most appropriate tools and techniques for collecting real or anticipated data for your OIP.
- An explanation of why the data collection tool you have chosen is best suited for your OIP. Include the following as appendices to your paper:
- A prototype or template of the tool proposed.
- A realistic data sample, either real or simulated, using your collection tool.
- A description of your data collection process. If you are using a simulated data collection, describe the process you would have used.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Resources: Minimum of 2 sources required.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.