Module OverviewThis Module focuses on the operations side of running a business. Every business should have a plan for product or service distribution and management of suppliers and inventory. In th.
This Module focuses on the operations side of running a business. Every business should have a plan for product or service distribution and management of suppliers and inventory. In this module, you will discuss the factors that need to be considered while operating a business.
This module also focuses on the business management of employees. It deals initially with human resource management (HRM) processes, such as those related to hiring employees and building teams, the responsibilities of a manager to successfully maintain a good workforce, and the possible firing or laying off of employees.
Complete the following readings early in the module:
- Module overview
- From your course textbook, Entrepreneurship: Starting and operating a small business, read the following chapters:
- Operating for Success
- Management, Leadership, & Ethical Practices
- Appendix 3 BizBuilder Business Plan
- From the Argosy University online library resources, read the following article:
- Prater, E., & Ghosh, S. (2005). Current operational practices of U.S. small and medium-sized enterprises in Europe. Journal of Small Business Management, 43(2), 155–169. (ProQuest Document ID: 221006693) Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com.libproxy.edmc.edu/docview/221006693?accountid=34899
- Gaskill, L.R., Van Auken, H. E., & Manning, R. A. (1993). A factor analytic study of the perceived causes of small business failure. Journal of Small Business Management, 31(4), 18–31. (ProQuest Document ID: 220986551) Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com.libproxy.edmc.edu/docview/220986551?accountid=34899
In this Module, you reviewed the operations management of any business that wants to succeed. Special attention was given to supply chain management, quality control, and use of technology to improve performance. You also discussed the management and leadership of successful businesses. You reviewed the importance of an efficient and effective HRM and the development of an ethical culture with a focus on the corporate social responsibility.
In this modules second assignment, you will deliver the fourth step toward preparing the business plan and submit it to the Assignment Titled: Business Plan Breakdown 4—The Operations Plan. You need to perform a complete evaluation of the operations of the future businesses and prepare an operations plan.
Assignment Summary: Module Assignment 2:
Business Plan Breakdown 4—The Operations Plan
This is the fourth milestone of your business plan—the operations plan.
Research the operational components of your chosen project (Supplied As Attachment). Based on your research and the knowledge that you have gained from this program: Master of Science in Organizational Leadership [MS_OL] course: The Functional Contribution to Organizational Success, create a 4- to 5-page operations plan by completing the following tasks:
- Define the management team by drafting an organizational chart and a plan for hiring employees.
- Draft the key employee policies and a code of ethics.
- Provide the details on the workplace environment, the location of the business, and the facilities necessary to operate the business. If a virtual component is a part of the workplace, explain how that is going to be incorporated.
- Describe the supply chain of the venture, with its main components and its management approach.
- Describe the manufacturing or customer service processes, discussing economies of scale and plans for attaining those economies (if applicable).
- Discuss significant innovations related to the delivery process, production (if applicable), inventory management (if applicable), and distribution.
- Describe methods to define and ensure the quality of the products or services.
- Discuss laws impacting the business and methods for compliance with federal, state, and local tax laws.
- By Monday January 21, 2019, save your paper and submit it to the Submissions Area.
Turned-in on time, Grading criteria followed All assignment qualifications addressed correctly, Grading Criteria followed, Include Question followed by the answer Reference Page Included Cover page Included, Paragraphs Indented, Running-head included, main heading should be centered; all new paragraphs should be indented; paper should be right ragged, not right justified; references, should always go on a standalone page. abstracts are not usually indented; acronyms should be spelled out when using them for the first time, for example HR. references as listed are APA standard. When you submit your papers through turnitin.com, your overall similarity index score should not be exceedingly high, with ten to fifteen percent being the maximum, Please make sure your APA formatting of citations. I have provided the APA resource cite for you. https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01, Please work on using literature within the span of the last 5 years, keep in mind there should not be any one, two, or three sentence paragraphs
Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
This assignment is worth 100 points and will be graded according to the following rubric.
Assignment: Business Plan Breakdown 4—The Operations Plan Grading Criteria & Maximum Points
Define the management team, drafting an organizational chart, and an employee hiring plan. 12pts.
Draft key employee policies and a code of ethics. 12pts.
Provide details on the workplace environment, its location, and facilities necessary to operate the business. If a virtual component is part of the workplace, please explain how that is going to be incorporated. 12pts.
Describe the supply chain of the venture, with its main components and its management approach. 16pts.
Describe the manufacturing or customer-service processes, discussing economies of scale and plans to attain them (if applicable). 12pts.
Discuss significant innovations related to the delivery process, production (if applicable), inventory management (if applicable), and distribution. 8pts.
Describe methods to define and ensure the quality of the products or services. 12pts.
Discuss laws impacting the business and methods for compliance with federal, state, and local tax laws. 8pts.
Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. 8pts.