1. Describe how the activities influenced your awareness and understanding of the interrelationship between business and society. Use examples from your activities in each of the modules to support this answer. MNGT 3711: Business Ethics And Society
2. Using examples from your activities, describe the challenges of dealing with the conflicts and/or confluence of stakeholder needs, wants, expectations, and perspectives. Identify whose perspective your arerepresenting in each of your examples. List examples of some of the ramifications of ignoring or improperly addressing stakeholder interests.
3. Comment on how the use of “circles of reflection” can affect your perspective of an issue or situation. Cite examples from your activities to demonstrate how use of the circles of reflection affected your analysis.
2 Final Project
TRU Open Learning
Part B: Forces and Influences
4. Comment on how ethics and social responsibility relate to some of the internal and external forces in business and society that we discussed in this course. Review activities in Modules 3 and 4, as well as Module
2, for examples.
5. Describe how thv>readings and journalling activities influenced yourviews on workplace ethics and corporate social responsibility. Did youhave a shift in your perspective? Do you consider ethics and/or corporatesocial responsibility to be important to business and society today?Explain your answer, and use examples from the activities
.6. Comment on the interrelationship between external forces such asglobalization, economics, technology, and the environment, andinternal influences on business and society including governance andcorporate citizenship (CSR), consumer protection, employee rightsand responsibilities, and workplace diversity. Remember to supportyour argument with multiple examples such as sample journal entries,and readings.
7. Is the government an external force, an internal force, a stakeholder, orall of the above? Using examples from your activities, comment on thegovernment’s role in business and society. Part C: Final Reflection
8. Comment on how journalling activities helped you recognize the realor potential impact of stakeholder biases as well as your own biases.How do biases or differing perspectives influence the media,public opinion, and decision-making in business and society? Use examplesfrom your activities to support your commentary.
9. Describe what was the most significant learning for you in this courseand explain why.
MNGT 3711: Business Ethics And Society