HRM100 Human Resource Management. Write a report to the HR Director of you organisation. You need to address the following aspects in the report:
a)Critically discuss the role of HRM Team in your organisation.
b)Critically discuss the role of the line manager as a people manager in your organisation.
c)Evaluate the effectiveness of the HRM Team in your organisation in terms of the following HRM strategies:
Talent management; and
Make three (3) practical recommendations on how the HRM Team can improve the organisation’s talent management and employee engagement strategies.
In a paragraph:
Explain the concept of EQ; and
Critically discuss the relevance and importance of emotional intelligent leaders and employees in an organisation.
Write an essay to:
Critically discuss the importance of employee engagement in the workplace.
Describe the role of the HRM team in management of diversity in organisations.
Write a mini-report to share the following information:
Assess the effectiveness of stress management of your team members.
Make three (3) practical recommendations to the team members on how they can manage their stess levels more effectively. HRM100 Human Resource Management.
Functions of Human Resource Management
Equipping the business to meet the challenges of an expanding and competitive sector is the overall role of HRM although this is attained through the various human resource management functions.
Effective human resource management enables a firm to attain its goals and objectives.
The main functions of human resource management are classified into two; managerial functions and operative functions. Managerial functions of human resource management
1. Planning It entails the steps taken in determining in advance, the personnel requirements, programs, and policies that will lead to the attainment of overall organizational goals and objectives.
2. Organizing Refers to the preparation of tasks and allocation of work to individuals.
3. Directing and coordinating The HR manager directs the activities of the organization for optimal performance.
4. Controlling It provides basic data for establishing standards, making job analysis and creating a performance appraisal.
This will lead to effective quality control of time and effort of the workers. Operative functions of Human Resource Management
1. Recruitment of personnel HRM focuses on obtaining the appropriate type and number of manpower necessary to attain organization goals.
2. Training and development of personnel On-the-job and off-the-job training techniques are used to develop the technical and soft skills of the employees.
3. Compensation of employees The HRM should ensure fair, equitable, and adequate remuneration of personnel for their contribution to the organisation’s objectives.
4. Maintaining good industrial relationships Human resource management aims at reducing conflicts, promoting industrial harmony, providing fair deals to workers, and establishing industrial democracy.
5. Record keeping Personnel manager collects and maintains information concerned with the staff of the organization for decision-making processes such as promotion.