HRA701 Introduction To Human Resource Management. Your goal with this assignment is to
(a) find a news article about such a company, that is, a company impacted – financially or in reputation – by an issue which should have or could have been avoided or minimized by more proactive HR practices –
(b) understand the issues (poor practices) that led to the news article, and
(c) do some research.
1. Locate the news article describing the issue. Articles sourced must be from between January 2019 to January 2020 and be from a Canadian news source. Examples of news sources include: The Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, National Post, CBC News, Macleans magazine. Article must be of sufficient length – at least 500-word count. No one paragraph articles.
2. Explain the issue(s). Briefly summarize the newspaper article that you have chosen
3. Describe how this article provides an illustration of the impact of the HR practice (or lack thereof) on the business brand, results and actions.
4. Research the HR discipline identified in the article, or most fitting to the issue (for example, was it a training issue, discrimination etc.). Choose two articles from HR journals, HR Reporter etc. (accessible through the Seneca Library practices. Then, from your understanding of the issues and your research, explain howthese good practices, if applied, could have made a difference.
For hard copy submission in class:
5. Cover page stating student name, student number, course and section, date of the article, the source/publication in which the article was published and the web link address.
6. Hard copy of the article, attached by staple.For soft copy submission via Safeassign:
7. Cover page stating student name, student number, course and section, date of the article, the source/publication in which the article was published and the web link address.
8. Scanned copy of the article. Soft copy submission via Safeassign is done on Blackboard through the link provided under the Assignments tab for Assignment 1.
HRA701 Introduction To Human Resource Management