Health Information Improvement Proposal
You have been asked to create a proposal for improving data collection and analysis based on the current EHR at Independence Medical center and the recommendations you already made during your work. Despite being meaningful use certified, the leadership team feels that the organization needs to make better use of patient data to improve clinical outcomes, quality, and efficiency.
Your board of directors have asked you to prepare a full proposal and are relying on you to provide them with the most current and relevant information to help them decide on the next steps related to improvements and analysis.
In this assessment, you will create an 8–10-page proposal that summarizes findings, aligns the appropriate data with the organization’s strategic goals, identifies current trends in data analytics, and provides recommendations for next steps based on your assessment of the organization’s readiness to proceed. You should feel free to draw on relevant aspects of the previous assessments in this course to help you complete this assessment.
Your proposal will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Explain your recommendations related to technological and logistical changes to an organization’s HIM system.
- Explain how data products and outcomes from recommendations align with an organization’s administrative and clinical goals.
- Analyze how contemporary data analysis trends could be leveraged to improve current practices in an organization.
- Recommend best practices for collecting data, securely storing data, and converting data analytics into useful and understandable deliverables.
- Apply relevant evidence and best practices to target proposal messaging to stakeholders.
- Communicate proposal in a professional, clear, and concise way.
- Integrate relevant sources to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
Your proposal should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Number of resources: 3–5 peer-reviewed resources from scholarly journal articles.
- Length: 8–10 pages, double-spaced, excluding the title page and reference page. Please write an abstract for your submission.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Health Information Improvement Proposal Scoring Guide.
- Library Guides.
- APA Module.
- Health Administration Masters Research Guide.
- Vila Health: Analysis of an EHR System | Transcript.
- Capella University Library.
- APA Paper Template.
- APA Paper Tutorial.