From a manager’s standpoint, discuss the applicability of OL to your current workplace (or to a company you know well) in order to improve its performance..
Assignment 2: Discussion—Organizational Learning and Learning Organizations
Organizational learning (OL) refers to situations where, to increase effectiveness, managers work on improving their ability to understand and lead the organization and the task environments. In his book, The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization, Peter Senge (2006) states that managers can promote organizational learning and create a Learning Organization by:
- Developing personal mastery.
- Building complex and challenging mental models.
- Promoting team learning.
- Building shared vision.
- Encouraging systems thinking.
Using the Argosy University online library resources, locate a minimum of three different scholarly sources on OL.
Respond to the following:
- From a manager’s standpoint, discuss the applicability of OL to your current workplace (or to a company you know well) in order to improve its performance.
- Explain what kinds of actions and changes to the organization need to be implemented to achieve this goal.
Write your initial response in a minimum of 300 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
By Saturday, September 10, 2016, post your responses to the appropriateDiscussion Area. Through Wednesday, September 14, 2016, review and comment on at least two of your peers’ responses.
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read all the posts from your peers.
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Provide substantive comments by contributing new, relevant information or quotes from course reading, Web sites, or other sources; building on the remarks or questions of others; or sharing practical examples of key concepts from your experiences, professional or personal.
- Make sure your writing is clear, concise, and organized; demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.