Financial analysis of a publicly-held company: Ford Motor Company, Inc.
Part A: Use Ford’s latest consolidated and segment financial statements (form 10K) as filed with the SEC. Calculate the current ratio and profit margin for the company as a whole.
1. What are Ford’s 2 major segments? 2. What are the major 3 components associated with Ford’s profitability for cars and trucks? 3. (1 paragraph) on Ford’s planning assumptions and key metrics share. 4. (1 paragraph) on Ford’s Market for Common Equity, Related Stockholder Matters and Issuer Purchases of Equity Securities.
Part B: Risks. You will search Ford’s form 10K and identify 3 major risks identified by the company. Assess the company’s market share for automobiles. Determine the company’s growth rate of EPS or dividends. Calculate the company’s Beta coefficient of the stock.
1. Form 10K, item 7, Management discussion and analysis of financial Condition and Results of Operations. Locate information about production volume of cars and market share. 2. Explain if the company’s market share for automobiles increased or decreased over the past year.
3. Compare your result to publicly-available rates.
Part C: Capital structure. Review Ford’s consolidated financial statements. Calculate the company’s debt/equity ratio and the earnings per share & return on investment and the weighted average cost of capital. Compare your answer to publicly available information
1. What kinds of stock has Ford issued? 2. Read note 24. CAPITAL STOCK AND AMOUNTS PER SHARE. What is the meaning of Earnings per share and diluted earnings per share?
3. The firm’s capital structure is optimal
Part D: Free Cash Flow. Determine Ford’s consolidated free cash flow. Make a prediction as to what the company’s stock price would be in three (3) months. Review analysts’ estimates and predictions for the past year.
1. Calculate the free cash flowPart E: Investment recommendation. Is the company maximizing the wealth of its shareholders? If not, what can they do to achieve this result? Review calculations and discussion of the following 6 ratios and financial measures: Current Ratio, Debt/Equity Ratio, Return on Investment, Earnings per Share, Profit Margin and Free Cash Flow. Conclude the analysis with other observations on the firm and whether your analysis differs from other analyses that are available. Indicate if there is any other measure you would want in order to make an investment recommendation.
Finally, make an Investment Recommendation. For this recommendation, assume you have been asked by an investor, age 35, who wishes to invest in conservative stocks that will provide some income now but is mainly interested in growth over the next ten (10) years. Would Ford meet this investor’s investment goals?
Defend analysis in 2,000 to 2,500 words written in APA style and cite your sources in a reference list.
Compare info to any of the websites listed: