Explain the recommended intake for carbohydrates..
Precompetition PowerPoint Presentation
Fitness experts are often consulted on the best dietary practices prior to a race or competition. Athletes should understand the importance of consuming high-glycemic carbohydrates prior to competition. Watch the video Eat to Win: Nutrition for Athletes and read Chapter 3 in the course text. Then, create a presentation for athletes on carbohydrate use during exercise. In your presentation cover the following topics:
- Explain the recommended intake for carbohydrates;
- Analyze the average daily energy intake in the average adult male and female to female and male athletes preparing for competition;
- Explain the importance of knowing the glycemic index of a food;
- Analyze carbohydrate use before, during, and after exercise;
- Explain two food products that should not be consumed before athletic competition;
- Explain why the precompetition meal should be higher in carbohydrates that protein;
- Create a sample precompetition meal and explain why you choose these food products;
The presentation should be a minimum of 8 PowerPoint slides in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title slide with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly sources. The course textbook and a minimum of one scholarly source from the Ashford Online Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference slide, formatted according to APA style as outlines in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include detailed speaker notes for each slide.
- Must be creative, using images and charts. Remember to cite all images taken from an online source. Creative Commons and Flickr are great websites for open source images