Do you think that trust today is more or less important than it was a decade ago? Do you believe Americans are more cynical and less trusting today than they have been in the past?.
MRKT 395 7980 Managing Customer Relationships DISCUSSION BOARD WK 4.
Discussion D Tips for Building Customer Trust
Go to this web site and listen to the podcast dealing with customer trust as it relates to call centers. I think you will find it interesting. In your posts, share your thoughts about what was said in the pod cast. In addition, respond to the questions below as appropriate.
Do you think that trust today is more or less important than it was a decade ago? Do you believe Americans are more cynical and less trusting today than they have been in the past? Do you think that trust can be cultural, that is some cultures are more trusting than others? How can firms engender trust to their customers? Is it freely given, or does it have to be earned.
BMGT 464 7980 Organizational Behavior discussion board
“We have a failure to communicate!” is a famous line from by Paul Newman in the movie Cool Hand Luke. Yet so true! We carry within our minds various perceptions that filter and distort communications. So for this LA1, keep in mind our earlier chapter on perception and personality (week 2). Think about your current or former employer and analyze their communications. Recalling the communications process from our reading this week (channels, barriers, direction of communications, etc.), tell us if you think their communication is effective and prove your point of view to us. Also, did generational or cultural differences impact the effectiveness of communications? What other concepts can you apply?
The week 2 on perception and personality, just an idea of what week 2 has on perception and personality, You don’t have to read it, just for better understanding on what the professor means.
- Chapter 3: Understanding People at Work: Individual Differences and Perception
- Chapter 7: Managing Stress and Emotions
Employee justice perceptions and coworker relationships (Select Full-text pdf or html)
LA2 Cross-cultural teams
By now you have noticed that our text addresses culture at the end of each chapter, and our weekly readings address both cultural and age diversity. These are keenly important in 21st century business. Your week 5 case study pertains to managing cross-cultural teams, so let’s take a stab at initial discussions this week.
Let’s say your company is located in a city into which the US Immigration Service relocates refugees and asylees, making it a very culturally-diverse workforce. You have been hired on to establish a new work team from your current employee labor pool whose members represent a variety of cultures. Using the cultural resources below as well as our text and weekly readings, what are the priorities—what should you do first? Think in terms of size, tasks, roles, norms, type, etc., as well as using our theories from last week to prove this team will be motivated. Be creative and choose the country of origin for your various team members.
For both of our LA’s this week you will particularly need to use and use the readings as well for addition, cite the sources and good citation and references:
- Geert Hofstede’s renowned typology on national cultural values http://geert-hofstede.com/national-culture.html This sight also provides a country-comparison page to compare other cultures against our US culture.
- Beyond Intractability’s extensive article database on cross-cultural communications and behaviors. Cross-cultural communications http://www.beyondintractability.org/essay/cross-cultural-communication and Communication Tools for Understanding Cultural Differences http://www.beyondintractability.org/essay/communication-tools
These are the readings for BOTH LA 1 N LA 2 for better understanding
- The Rise of New Group Think
- The benefits and challenges of remote teams
- Krumm, Stefan; Terwiel, Katrin; Hertel, Guido. (2013). Challenges in Norm Formation and Adherence: The Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements of Virtual and Traditional Cross-Cultural Teams. Jo
- Ferrell, Jared Z. & Herb, Kelsey C. (2012). Improving Communications in Virtual Teams. SIOP White Paper Series
- Trust in Management
- The Communication of Respect as a Significant Dimension of Cross-Cultural Communication Competence
- How To Communicate In The New Multigenerational Office
Will provide details in opening these links, it is part of the readings as well