Determine how graph theory has advanced the knowledge in your area of specialization..
In 1736, a famous Swiss mathematician Leonhard Euler (1707 – 1783) started the work in the area of Graph Theory through his successful attempt in solving the problem of “Seven Bridges of Konigsberg.” Graph Theory solved many problems in multiple fields (Chinese Postman Problem, DNA fragment assembly, and aircraft scheduling.) In Chemistry, Graph Theory is used in the study of molecules, construction of bonds in chemistry, and the study of atoms. In Biology, Graph Theory is used in the study of breeding patterns or tracking the spread of disease.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Choose two (2) applications for graph theory within your area of specialization (Networking, Security, Databases, Data Mining, Programming, etc.).
- Examine how these applications are being used in your specialization.
- Determine how graph theory has advanced the knowledge in your area of specialization.
- Conclude how you will apply graph theory in your area of specialization.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.