Describe the five concepts that contribute to the definition of civility?.
- Describe the five concepts that contribute to the definition of civility?
- Describe the relationship between self-esteem, self-control, and restraint as it relates to being assertive?
- Define facework and face threats?
- Describe the three faces we seek to present to others?
- Explain what it means to say that image management is a process?
- Define self-monitoring and how it is done. Compare and contrast between high and low monitors?
- Provide two examples of how silence can be interpreted?
- List the three foundation behaviors of civility. Discuss whether civility always means agreement?
- Explain whether it is possible to multitask?
- Explain what it is we disagree with when we disagree. Discuss whether disagreement means rejection of the entire message or just parts?
- List the eight behaviors for a civil interaction?
- Consider the impact social media has had on civility in society. Are the expectations for civility the same for online media versus face-to-face interactions?
- Explain whether or not civility in oral communication requires every participant to play the role of sender and receiver simultaneously. Why?