CHCPOL003 Research And Apply Evidence To Practice. The aim of this open-book assessment is to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to establish the information need, gather information and critically analyse the information for relevance to own work.
This section consists of short answer questions.
Some examples of topic areas are provided below. You may use your own idea or select one of the examples listed below:
- Mentoring of student nurses
- Handover practices
- Wound care
Using a relevant database (e.g. CINAHL, PubMed, Google Scholar) find one (1) primary research (i.e. describing an actual study) article relating to your chosen topic area.
Ensure that the article is:
- Relevant (related to your topic area and context)
- Current (published within the last ten years)
- From a reputable source (i.e. a peer reviewed journal)
This article will be reviewed; therefore, you need to upload a copy of the article with your assessment OR provide a working web link.
Using APA referencing format, reference the article below and then provide a summary of your article.
- Provide a rationale for why you used the database you did, to find the article (consider the type of database/journals/articles; the database size; the credibility of the research).
- Now read the article carefully and using the table below as a guide, complete the relevant sections. A word count guide has been provided for the sections which require a more in-depth response.
|What is the research problem/s?|
|What is the research question?|
|Is the research important? Why?|
|What methods were used to conduct the research?|
|What type of research is this? What is the approach and methodology?|
|Who/what was the study sample?|
|What are the relevant cultural or ethical issues in this research?|
|What are the findings of the research? Are they important?|
|What would you do to improve this research?|
In this part of the assessment, you will compare and contrast two primary research articles. (You can use the article Part A of this assessment, for one of your comparison articles.)
The aim of this is for you to compare and contrast the research (the topic areas are not relevant).
These articles will be reviewed; therefore, you need to upload copies of the articles with your assessment OR provide working web links.
- Using the table below, compare and contrast the two (2) research articles. Provide a rationale for each section to support your answer.
|Article 1||Article 2|
|Is the research current?|
|Is the research reliable?|
|Is the research relevant?|
|Article 1||Article 2|
|What are the benefits of the research?|
|Are there any ethical considerations? What are they?|
|Are there any risks associated with the information?|
|Is the research relevant to any other disciplines? Identify which.|
CHCPOL003 Research And Apply Evidence To Practice