BUS260 Introduction To Organizational Behaviour. The chief executive of a mid sized manufacturing company has hired hired you to disigne the site and any other conditions necessary for employess to feel more empowered.
Describe five important conditions you would ensure existed in this plant to improve empowerment among production employess .your answer should also define empowerment and the four dimensions of empowerment.
Its purpose is to build better relationships by achieving human objectives, organizational objectives, and social objectives.
Organizational Behavior is;
- A Separate Field of Study and not a Discipline Only.
- An Interdisciplinary Approach.
- Applied Science.
- Normative Science.
- A Humanistic and Optimistic Approach.
- A Total System Approach.
These 6 features or characteristics show the nature of Organizational Behavior that is the study of understanding and control behavior within the organization.
Objectives of Organizational Behavior
The organizations in which people work have an effect on their thoughts, feelings, and actions. These thoughts, feelings, and actions, in turn, affect the organization itself.
Organizational behavior studies the mechanisms governing these interactions, seeking to identify and foster behaviors conducive to the survival and effectiveness of the organization.
- Job Satisfaction.
- Finding the Right People.
- Organizational Culture.
- Leadership and Conflict Resolution.
- Understanding Employees Better.
- Understand how to Develop Good Leaders.
- Develop a Good Team.
- Higher Productivity.
These 8 objectives of organizational behavior show that OB is concerned with people within the organization, how they are interacting, what is the level of their satisfaction, the level of motivation, and find ways to improve it in a way the yields most productivity.
Fundamental Concepts of Organizational Behavior
- Individual Differences.
- A Whole Person.
- Motivated Behavior.
- The desire for Involvement.
- The value of the Person.
- Human Dignity.
- Organizations are Social System.
- Mutuality of Interest.
- Holistic Concept.
Main Challenges and Opportunities of Organizational Behavior
Challenges and opportunities of organizational behavior are massive and rapidly changing for improving productivity and meeting business goals.
- Improving Peoples’ Skills.
- Improving Quality and Productivity.
- Total Quality Management (TQM).
- Managing Workforce Diversity.
- Responding to Globalization.
- Empowering People.
- Coping with Temporariness.
- Stimulating Innovation and Change.
- Emergence of E-Organisation & E-Commerce.
- Improving Ethical Behavior.
- Improving Customer Service.
- Helping Employees Balance Work-Life Conflicts.
- Flattening World.
Read more about 13 Challenges and Opportunities of Organizational Behavior.