11.Assume that a membrane is permeable only to Na+ and K+. The concentrations of ions are: [Na+]o = 145 mM, [Na+]i = 12 mM, [K+]o = 4 mM, [K+]i = 155 mM
- Calculate the equilibrium potential for Na+.
- Calculate the equilibrium potential for K+.
- Given the following table for gNa and gK, calculate the membrane potential, Em, at each time using the chord conductance equation.
- Graph the membrane potential against time. Does this vaguely resemble an action potential?
- The membrane potential during an action potential cannot be calculated solely by the chord conductance equation. Why not?