Address the following in 4–6 pages:
Risk Communication and Emergency Alerting
- Are there existing public communication programs, processes, systems, efforts, and plans in place for the purposes of public education? What are they? Explain in detail.
- Has the effectiveness of any of these existing efforts been measured? Explain.
- Are they effective? Why or why not?
- What gaps currently exist? Explain in detail.
- What programs, processes, systems, or efforts should be implemented to fill those gaps? Explain.
- How do you measure the effectiveness of new or existing programs? Explain.
- Many communities and states provide recommendations that outline preparedness activities for families and businesses. Generally, they are provided via the Internet (see supporting materials) and flyers.
- What other steps should emergency management officials take to encourage community preparedness? Explain in detail.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.