A reflective review of one of the tools, techniques or frameworks introduced on the course – with emphasis on how you can see it being used in your own professional own context and the associated strengths and weaknesses.
Written report – 1500 words.
Worth 30% of the grade for the course.
Further details and assessment criteria will be discussed during the workshop week.
Assessment 3: Reflective Review of the Tools, Techniques and Frameworks
Over the course of the week we introduced you to a number of different techniques and frameworks to help you analyse and innovate business models. These included:
- The business model canvas (day 1)
- Business model patterns (day 1 )
- The value proposition canvas and customer profile (day 2)
- Disruptive thinking & Cliche Flipping (day 3)
- Sticky Pitch & Spark Analysis (day 4)
For this assignment we would like you to choose two of these tools, techniques or frameworks and reflect on their value in your own professional context. To do this you should:
- Briefly explain the tool, technique or framework
- Set the scene for you own professional context (e.g. use in marketing, consultancy, engineering etc.)
- Discuss how you might use the tool, technique or framework
- Evaluate the strengths and weakness of the approach for your context
- Identify how you might enhance the tool, technique or framework
- Make reference to any appropriate literature which has looked at the approach.
Your assignment will be judged against the following criteria:
- Clarity of understanding of the chosen tools, technique or framework, demonstrating how the ideas link to underpinning literature
- Critique of the value of approach to your chosen professional context
- Evidence used to back-up your arguments
- Overall presentation of your discussion
- Suggestions for how the tool, technique or framework could be enhanced for use in your professional context
This assignment should be submitted as written report using Turnitin
The word limit for the assignment is 1500 words +/- 10% – excluding executive summary,figures, tables, references and bibliography.
The submission date is 0930 am on Monday the 5th March for students on block courses. For part-time students and students on non block courses the submission date is Monday the 12th March at 0930 am. All submissions should be made via the link below. Please note that only the first deadline date is shown. This assignment should be submitted as written report using Turnitin. There is no need to hand a paper copy to the GBS office.
The assessment upload link will be released at the end of the teaching week.