40. Which of the following is not part of an organization’s intermediate-environment?
a) Channel Intermediaries
c) Statute legislation
41. Which of the following is not a true statement about recent demographic change in the
a) Household size has been consistently falling.
b) The average number of children in a family has been consistently falling.
c) The birth rate is consistently rising quickly.
d) The number of very large households has been consistently falling.
42. Which of the following is not true of changes in a firm’s technological environment?
a) New technology allows for new ways of communicating with a firm’s customers.
b) New technology always leads to benefits for firms.
c) New technology can allow new goods and. services to be developed.
d) New technology lowers the production learning curve.
43. Within the micro-environment, a channel of distribution can BEST be described as:
a) All of the retailers in a country who stock a particular type of product.
b) All of those people and organizations involved in the process of transferring a product from
the producer to the consumer
c) A route plan for as company’s fleet of delivery trucks, designed to minimize the cost per
d) A route plan for as company’s fleet of delivery trucks, designed to maximize the speed of
44. SLEPT is widely used by marketers in analyzing their marketing environment. It is an acronym
a) Systems, Leadership, Empowerment, People and Tactics
b) Strategy, Leadership, Environment, Planning and Tactics
c) Social, Legislation, Economic, Political and Technology
d) Socio, Legal, Economic, Political and Technology
45. A commercial company that explicitly takes into consideration the social consequences of its
actions is most likely to be:
a) Putting the needs of consumers before the company’s need for profit.
b) Acting philanthropically to their customers.
c) Seeking to combine social benefits with business profitability.
d) Acting like a public sector organization.
46. Which of the following is not a benefit for conducting environmental analysis?
a) An increase in an organization’s exposure to politically unstable markets
b) Aid to decision making
c) Choice of market and marketing mix
d) Prioritize and manage risk factors
47. When a company collects data from national media, trade and technical press, government
statistics and trade association information to learn more about an international market, it is
a) Primary data
b) Secondary data
c) Tertiary data
d) Market information system
48. Competitive market advantage is most likely to go to the firm which
a) Has the most information
b) Has a large marketing information department
c) Conducts regular customer surveys
d) Makes best use of the information available
49. Which of the following BEST describes the role of international marketing research?
a) It is essentially about keeping in touch with customers and the broader marketing
b) Questioning customers and potential customers about their preferences.
c) Investigating the industry through published statistics.
d) The output from consumer panels and other focus groups.
50. Which of the following statements about data collection techniques and use within companies is
a) The range of techniques used is decreasing as companies are using less data.
b) The range of techniques is decreasing because companies are already swamped with data
for which they have not found a use.
c) The range of techniques is increasing because companies are always desperate to use
more data to analyze customer behaviour.
d) The range of techniques is increasing and companies often find themselves with more
information than they